â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsLU launches new app to increase campus safe

LU launches new app to increase campus safe

The Campus Safety team of Laurentian University has developed a unique app to increase safety on campus.

Shaun Malley says the university is launching SecurLU, the official app for those who attend the university.

He says it will provide added security on campus including such features ad emergency contacts, Friend Walk access and emergency notifications.

He says the app will also send out alerts and provide real-time access to campus safety resources.

- Advertisement -

Malley says the SecurLU-UL features include:

Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Laurentian University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern

Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to Laurentian University security in real-time in case of a crisis

Work Alone: Use the app to “check-in” with you periodically while working alone or during late hours. If you do not respond, the app will alert Campus Security.

Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real-time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.

Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users are not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.

Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.

Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.

Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at Laurentian University.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading