â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsOfficial launch of the Specialist High Skills Major program in Environment at...

Official launch of the Specialist High Skills Major program in Environment at Espanola school

École secondaire catholique La Renaissance vice-principal Jennifer Bernard says the school community celebrated the official launch of the Specialist High Skills Major program in Environment last week with an assembly.

She says the program will make it possible for students to personalize their high school experience and accumulate transferable skills by building on their training or apprenticeship experience as prep for the world of work.

Bernard says their Grade 11 and 12 students will accumulate specialist credits on sector-specific knowledge and skills as well as cooperative education credits in the related field adding they can obtain a minimum of seven experiential certifications providing them with some great advantages when they enter the workforce.

She adds the program will be of interest to students considering a career in an environment-related sector such as forestry, energy, natural resources, and ecology.

The Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon currently offers ten Specialist High Skills Major programs: Health and Wellness at ÉS du SacrĂ©-CÅ“ur (Sudbury), ÉSC l’Horizon (Val Caron), ÉSC Champlain (Chelmsford), and ÉS Notre-Dame-du-Sault (Sault Ste. Marie); Business at Collège Notre-Dame (Sudbury), Mining at ÉSC Horizon and ÉSC Champlain; Justice, Community Safety, and Emergency Services at ÉS du SacrĂ©-Coeur; Sports at Collège Notre-Dame; and Environment at ÉSC La Renaissance. Officials say the programs provide students with opportunities to acquire knowledge and competencies that are relevant to an economic activity sector in exciting apprenticeship environments that are in line with their career goals.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading