East Algoma OPP responded to a call about three people chasing a person through the streets of Blind River on Sunday evening.
Constable Beverly Gauthier says police gave chase to two people through neighbourhood backyards when they arrived on Chiblow Street.
She says they were able to locate one person hiding in dense bush.
Gauthier adds they learned that individual had assaulted the complainant with brass knuckles on Saturday.
She says a 17-year-old is facing several charges including assault with a weapon, criminal harassment, and possession of a prohibited device.
Gauthier adds the youth was remanded into custody following a bail hearing in Blind River yesterday.
The charges include
- Assault with a Weapon
- Possession of Weapons for Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of Prohibited Device or Ammunition for Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Criminal Harassment-Threatening Conduct
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance-Cocaine
- Failure to Comply with Release Order-other than to attend court (four counts)