St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake (SJGHEL) would like to advise the public that our LongTerm Care Home, St. Joseph’s Manor, has been closed to visitors (except for Essential Care Partners and direct family members of palliative residents) after Algoma Public Health declared a COVID-19 outbreak on October 8, 2022.
Existing visitation protocols remain in effect at our acute care Hospital.
SJGHEL would like to remind everyone there are several things that can be done to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
• Observe social distancing, and respiratory etiquette.
• If you are not feeling well, self-isolate home and rest or contact your primary health care
• Ensure full immunization and booster dose(s) for those who are eligible
• Reduce indoor air pollution with increased ventilation
For more information on infectious disease visit the Ontario Public Health website at www.publichealthontario.ca
SJGHEL will update information on the St. Joseph’s Manor outbreak as our information changes or more information becomes available.
Jeremy Stevenson, CEO
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake