Listen Live
HomeNewsThe GLOBAL REPORT – Grand Chief stays, Brown goes, charges laid in...

The GLOBAL REPORT – Grand Chief stays, Brown goes, charges laid in shooting …

Brown disqualified from the Conservative race
The federal Conservative party has disqualified Patrick Brown from the party’s leadership race.
In a statement last night, party officials say there were “serious allegations” of campaign finance violations, but they’re not providing further details.
However, the Brown campaign had been accused by fellow candidate Pierre Poilievre of purchasing party memberships for new members.
Brown says the allegations are unfounded and he may take action in court.
He says the move is an attempt to clear the way for Poilievre’s victory.
The new leader is to be announced on September 10th.

Violence affects hospital workers
The Canadian Union of Public Employees says violence has become a way of life for hospital workers in Ontario.
A poll commissioned by the union finds that 63 percent of its members in the health care sector have experienced violence on the job.
Fourteen percent say they see violence in the workplace daily, while 23 percent say it happens weekly.
The Union says 85 percent of its members in health care are women and they’re having to work in increasingly toxic and violent workplaces.
It adds the Ford government must take action to protect workers or staff shortages will continue.

The national chief retains her seat for now
RoseAnne Archibald is back as Grand Chief of the Assembly of First Nations for now.
A resolution at the AFN’s national conference in Vancouver, calling on delegates to back the executive’s decision to suspend Archibald, was defeated yesterday.
The executive issued the suspension last month, after complaints from several of her staff.
But Archibald has insisted the move came after she pushed for an inquiry into corruption in the organization, and demanded a forensic audit of its expenditures over the past eight years.
Another resolution, calling for her removal, is up for debate today.

Man charged in Chicago parade shooting
A 21-year-old man is facing seven first-degree murder charges, after allegedly opening fire on a July 4th
parade in a Chicago suburb.
The attack left more than 30 other people wounded.
Police say the suspect had been planning the attack for weeks.
They add he managed to buy several guns, even after he had allegedly threatened to harm himself, and others, in 2019.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading