Listen Live
HomeNewsOutstanding Collège Notre-Dame scientists stand out at Sudbury Regional Science Fair

Outstanding Collège Notre-Dame scientists stand out at Sudbury Regional Science Fair

Several students from Collège Notre-Dame in Sudbury stood out during the Sudbury Regional Science Fair held online in April.

Students Maxine Maillet and Jasmine Lauzon have qualified for the 2022 Canada-Wide Science Fair to be held virtually on May 16-20.

Maillet, a grade 11 student presented The Effect of Ph Levels On The Cells Of The Cheeks and won first place in the Life Sciences for the Senior Division. That earned her the Biotechnology Award, the Laurentian University Dean’s Award and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada’s Young Innovator Award.

Lauzon, also in grade 11 presented Analyzing the Fabrication, Effects and Development of Dependencies on Electronics winning second in the Life Sciences for the Senior Division and was also awarded the University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship.

- Advertisement -

Camille Benoit, grade 11 student placed third in Life Sciences for the Senior Division in light of the quality of her project called Teenagers and the Range of suggestibility.

Chloé O’Connor, a grade 10 student, placed third in Life Sciences for the Intermediate Division and was awarded the Laurentian University Biology Award for her science project ‘What is the Best Type of Water for Plants’.

Alexie Shamess and Samantha Shewchuk, grade 10 students called their project Garlic and the Bacteria. These students earned an Honourable Mention in Life Sciences for the Intermediate Division.

Néomi Venne and Justine Toner, grade 10 students presented Bacterias Affected by Soap and earned an Honourable Mention in Life Sciences for the Intermediate Division. They were also presented the Laurentian University Chemistry/ Biochemistry Award as well as the Science Writing Award.

Brady Rhéaume, also in grade 10 focused on Which Drink is Most Effective at Removing Rust from a Nail?. He placed third in Physical Sciences in the Intermediate Division.

Brady was also presented with the Chemical Institute of Canada Award and the Jack and Maija Ceming Award.

Left: Several students from Collège Notre-Dame in Sudbury stood out during the Sudbury Regional Science Fair held online in April.

Right: Jasmine Lauzon have qualified for the 2022 Canada-Wide Science Fair to be held virtually on May 16-20. Lauzon, also in grade 11 presented Analyzing the Fabrication, Effects and Development of Dependencies on Electronics winning second in the Life Sciences for the Senior Division and was also awarded the University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading