Listen Live
HomeNewsLU Graduate Research Symposium winners announced

LU Graduate Research Symposium winners announced

Laurentian’s Graduate Student Association hosted a week-long ‘Discovery and Dissemination Graduate Research Symposium, which drew attention to a few research projects of students enrolled in the master’s and Ph.D. programs.

As part of the symposium held last week, students were also judged for several awards in a variety of categories including the arts, education, medicine, architecture, and more.

This year’s three-minute thesis winner, Sarah de Blois, is also the recipient of the event’s People’s Choice Award and will compete at the provincial finals at the University of Guelph on May 4th, with her presentation, Women, Mining, and Gender: Experiences from Sudbury, Ontario.

Symposium awards, judged by students in the Science Communication program, recognized best presention in various categories:

• Faculty of Arts: Sarah de Blois (Ph.D Human Studies and Interdisciplinarity), Gendered experiences of women in mining: Challenging resistance to acceptance and respect
  • Faculty of Education and Health: Taylor Watkins (M.A. Interdisciplinary Health), Supporting Healthy Pregnancies: Understanding Pregnant Women and New Mothers’ Perspectives Regarding Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Campaigns to Inform Effective and Non-Stigmatizing Prevention Approaches in Northeastern Ontario
  • Faculty of Science, Engineering and Architecture: Kyle Vincent (M.Sc. Biology), Weaving Indigenous Knowledge and Western Science to Investigate the Impacts of Railways on Wildlife
  • French language presentation: Lea Fieschi-Meric (Ph.D Écologie boréale), Améliorer la conservation des amphibiens grâce à l’étude de leur microbiome cutané
  • Indigenous content presentation: Kyle Vincent (M.Sc. Biology), Weaving Indigenous Knowledge and Western Science to Investigate the Impacts of Railways on Wildlife
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading