Listen Live
HomeNewsThe POLICE REPORT – double fatality ...

The POLICE REPORT – double fatality …

- Advertisement -

Highway 69 double fatality

Highway 69 has reopened following a double fatality.

Parrry Sound OPP Constable Louise Maki says yesterday afternoon just before one pm, police investigated a motor vehicle collision on Highway 17 just south of Pointe au Baril.

She says the investigation revealed a northbound motor vehicle collided with a southbound tractor trailer.

Maki says the driver of the motor vehicle 74-year-old Joseph Giroux and passenger 68-year-old Suzanne Pharand, both of Sudbury, were pronounced dead at the scene.

- Advertisement -

She says the driver of the tractor trailer did not sustain any injuries and the collision is still under investigation.

The highway is now re-opened.

Local person charged after warrants executed at shop in Elliot Lake

A local man is facing several charges after OPP executed search warrants at a shop in Elliot Lake.

East Algoma OPP Constable Phil Young says on Tuesday evening officers searched the shop on Kilborn Way.

Young says they found almost 3000 suspected Methamphetamine tablets, some 50 suspected Oxycodone tablets, digital scales, over $2,800 in cash, numerous parts from a stolen vehicle, stolen tools and power equipment, ammunition, and an All-Terrain Vehicle.

He says the estimated street value of the drugs is over $15,000.

Young says a 40-year-old man from Elliot Lake has been charged with possession of property obtained by crime, two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking, and three counts of breach.

The accused appeared in Blind River court yesterday.

OPP investigate collision on Highway 17

Nipissing West OPP investigated a single motor vehicle collision on Tuesday evening on Highway 17, near Regional Road 55 near Sudbury.

Constable Rob Lewis says the preliminary investigation indicated that an eastbound passenger motor vehicle slid off the highway into a rock-cut.

He says one passenger was ejected from the vehicle and was transported to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

He adds the eastbound lanes were closed for just under two hours.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading