Listen Live
HomeNewsLo-Ellen Park teacher honoured provincially for coaching excellence

Lo-Ellen Park teacher honoured provincially for coaching excellence

A long-time teacher and coach at Lo-Ellen Park Secondary School has been honoured provincially for his contribution to athletics.

Colin Ward received the 2021 Male School Sport Coach Award from the Coaches Association of Ontario. The award was presented virtually in late September.

Every year, Colin Ward builds the participation rate, fitness level, and technical skills of the athletes in his care. For him, one of the most rewarding elements of coaching is introducing students to a sport and seeing it become their passion. “It’s been interesting to watch a lot of students grow and change,” he says.

Having coached track and field and cross-country running for the past 22 years, and Nordic skiing for the last seven years, Colin Ward inspires all athletes to acquire the skills necessary for life in sport. A teacher in outdoor education, kinesiology, and personal fitness, his dedication to student wellness extends well beyond the classroom.

- Advertisement -

“On behalf of Rainbow District School Board, I would like to thank Colin Ward for his long-time contribution to athletics,” said Director of Education Bruce Bourget. “Colin Ward is an outstanding role model for students. He is most deserving of this provincial recognition.”

He received a Rainbow District School Board Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Co-Curricular Program in 2015.

Watch Colin Ward’s segment at the Coaching Excellence Awards here:

https://youtu.be/-2rZXdDbw2k?t=1178

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading