â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsGrade Nine Jump Day set at Espanola High has rules

Grade Nine Jump Day set at Espanola High has rules

Grade Nine Jump Day at Espanola High School will be a bit different this year due to the pandemic.

Principal Kristina Rivard says the annual event is an opportunity for Grade nine students to tour the school, get their timetables, figure out their homerooms and meet their teachers.

She says that will still happen tomorrow, but in two separate sessions, the first at 10 am for students with their last name starting with A to L, the second at 11 am for those with their last name starting with M to Z.

She stresses safety is a priority and all students must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing throughout the tour.

- Advertisement -

And, prior to arriving at the school, they must complete the provincial screener or they cannot enter the facility.

For the links and more information, visit our websites.

WEB: The provincial screener can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/

Rivard says a detailed plan is also in place for the 45 minutes tour:

• A staff member will greet the student wearing a mask at the front of the school. The students will be asked to verify that they have completed the covid online screening tool and if they are free of any COVID-19 symptoms. The name of the student and confirmation of screening will be documented. If you fail to complete the screening or display symptoms you will be asked to return home to complete the online screening tool and follow the necessary steps.
  • Once the screening is confirmed the student will proceed to the table that is labelled with the letter of the student’s last name. At this time the student will be provided with their timetable and will be asked to wait for the tour guide.
  • The students in a group will be led by a tour guide to the gymnasium where they will be greeted by high school administration and teaching staff. Following the 10 minutes presentation, the same tour guide will escort the students on a tour of the school.
  • The tour will highlight the various classrooms in the building, the library, cafeteria, courtyard, main office, resource rooms, washrooms and the guidance area. The homeroom of each student will be noted on the tour.
  • The tour will exit out a different set of doors that are located closest to the music room.
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading