â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsEspanola High School Technology teacher is awarded Award of Excellence

Espanola High School Technology teacher is awarded Award of Excellence

Whether it be building cardboard boats or fabricating metal stoves, Espanola High School’s Henry Girard has always encouraged students to push their limits and capabilities.

Acknowledging him for his 21 years of teaching, as a champion of the Technology Program and for encouraging students to reach their full potential, he has been presented with an Award of Excellence from the Rainbow District School Board.
According to the high school principal, Kristina Rivard, he is a champion of the Technology Program and encourages students to reach their potential and discover viable career pathways. Several of his students have acquired employment in various sectors of the trades. Mr. Girard promotes hands-on learning and safely creates an environment that is empowering, dynamic and purposeful.

Over the years Mr. Girard has been a supporter of the skilled trades, Board skills competition and has always encouraged students to participate and enroll in technology courses. Espanola High School has hosted and competed in many cardboard boat competitions and the board skills competition under the close leadership of this dedicated teacher, and his teams have received many medals. These gold medals have allowed his team to compete at the provincial level and represent Rainbow District School Board.

She says Dean Riggs, a former winner and herself, as a winner of the Teacher of the Year Award, were both honoured to nominate Girard for the award. She also points out both are volunteer firefighters in Espanola, saving the community when it needs it and supporting students during the school day. adding she loves working at Espanola High herself – “Espanola High is a great place that fosters, cares, builds relationships, empathy, and offers academics. Second to none!”

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading