Residential fire causes extensive damage, claims the life of one pet
Elliot Lake Fire services put out a residential blaze this weekend. Photo supplied
Careless use of smoking materials is being blamed for a residential fire in Elliot Lake resulting in heavy damage and the loss of a pet.
Fire Chief John Thomas says on Sunday morning shortly before 6:00am, the department was called out to a fire in unit five at 114 Hillside Drive.
Thomas says damage was extensive, but fortunately the fire was contained to the one unit.
One minor injury was reported, one pet rescued and one pet was deceased.
Thomas adds the cause of the fire was determined to be careless use of smoking materials and a smoke alarm violation ticket was also issued.